Blogger Recognition Award 2017
First off I would like to send a huge thank you to Kate from https://girlmasked.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition award! Links to her blog are above and I would strongly recommend that you go and check her out – especially if you’re looking for some travel inspo!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you & provide the appropriate links.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers to nominate this award to (this may be tricky as sooo many bloggers have already been awarded this recently).
HOW IT ALL BEGAN:
I started my blog at the beginning of August 2017 (just a month ago and it feels like so much longer).
I started my blog as a way to express my love for beauty, fashion, lifestyle and baking. I also finished my A levels in June of this year and was looking for something to do in my spare time (asides from working) and blogging is where I came!
Since blogging I have met some amazing people which are all so supportive and lovely – the blogging community that I have experienced really is as lovely as it seems from the outside!
I absolutely love blogging and couldn’t see myself not doing it. I think it is such a nice way to meet likeminded people that share your interests and passions! Blogging has also opened my eyes to the wider world, in criteria that are more pressing and serious such as diversity within blogging and other, less pressing areas such as new make up brands / clothing trends!
ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS:
- Don’t compare yourself
When I started my blog I would compare it to other bloggers that have had theirs for years and put myself down on why my growth wasn’t as good, why my reach wasn’t as good, why my photos didn’t look as perfect as theirs did – god what a mistake!
I’m still getting used to the blogging world and still trying to figure things out – of course my blog isn’t going to be as amazing as others who run theirs full time and have done so for years and that is okay and that is something I wish I had taken on board more in this past month!
I’m getting there and it takes a lot of hard work, practice and determination – I will get there!
- Get to know the community
I had had my blog for one day and I had already been invited into a bloggers group chat by the lovely Beth (https://bethhillsite.wordpress.com ) and it was one of the most humbling things to be accepted and made to feel so welcome so early on! Being part of a blogger chat not only makes you friends that will always support you and help when confusion arises, but ones that WANT you to succeed!
I have got to know so many amazing people through blogging and I couldn’t recommend befriending other bloggers more!
- Madiha; http://mevstheodds.com
- Beth; https://bethhillsite.wordpress.com
- Laura; http://www.laurathinksabout.co.uk
- Verity; http://www.veritymylove.com
- Daisy; http://daisies-and-delights.blogspot.co.uk
- Sophie; (who also made my pretty header, massive thank you); https://socialinfluencer.co.uk
- Chelsea; https://chelseaclaairebaker.blogspot.co.uk
- Larissa; https://lifeoflarissablog.wordpress.com
- Elise; https://eliseetamsinn.wordpress.com
- Naomi; http://naomirowan.com
Please do send me your Blogger Recognition Award posts via twitter when they go up so I can check them out!
Thank you for reading!
Best wishes, Gee x