SEPTEMBER REVIEW & OCTOBER GOALS & WISHLIST
Yet again I am back with another monthly goals post, it only seems like last week I was writing September!
I thought I’d change this monthly post up a little from how I’ve done them previously. In past posts I’d state specific numbers I’d want to hit in regards to daily views and social media followings – there is nothing wrong with setting yourself numerical goals and I will continue to do so with some aspects just not with them all. My reasoning behind this is that there seems to be a ‘dull’ in the blogging community at the mommy (well at least with the people I’ve been speaking to) and blogs are being affected by this, mainly in the sense of the views are half what they usually are. I know and fully understand that blogging is not about the views and that is not why I do it but it can be very demoralising when you put a lot of time and effort into something and just see decreasing numbers. It is for this reason that I will no longer be including figured goals for my blog and less for social media accounts.
As mentioned in my previous post I started university this month so the amount of spare time I have to blog is fairly small and I cannot spend as much time on it as I would like / did during the summer. Taking this into account my goals regarding my blog aren’t going to be as much as they have been previously – due to the fact that I just don’t have the time to work on blogging as much as I used to.
- Twitter Follows:
September goal: 600 –> achieved 649
I am trying to be more active on twitter and have started to schedule tweets which I have found has helped massively with this and something I am going to be continuing in the hope to grow further.
- Instagram Follows:
September goal: 520 –> achieved 581
*cue the unfollows*
I was quite happy I hit this goal as growing Instagram is quite tricky and not something that I am particularly good at considering I am not the most active on there. I think that the growth on Instagram is slow and steady but I like that because it’s a pace I can keep up with!
OCTOBER 2017 – GOALS & WISHLIST
As previously mentioned I started university this month in Bournemouth to study psychology so things have been pretty hectic!
My goals for this month and probably the months to follow are going to focus a lot less around numbers and more about enjoying myself and not worrying what the number reads as long as I am having fun with my blog – I am keeping a few number based goals to track my progress though!
GOALS –> SOCIAL
- Twitter Follows:
Current: 649 –> Goal 750
- Instagram Follows:
Current: 581 –> Goal: 630
GOALS –> PERSONAL
- I joined a gym a few days ago and I want to go a 2/3 times a week – not only with this help me physically becoming more fit and healthy but also in respect to the fact that it will give me a break from uni work and a time to wind down and have some time to myself.
- I want to work as hard as I can with my assignments and not leave any till the last-minute and rush them and maybe not do as well as I could have, at the end of the day I’m not paying £9000+ to not do my best!
- Now at uni the topic of money is ever-present. I recently purchased a budget book where I plan to keep a track of my spending – this should help me budget my finances and ensure that I have enough for the extortionate priced ‘compulsory’ textbooks I always seem to be needing (seriously though, its paper, why so expensive).
- I want to make more of an effort with my appearance and my outfits. To some people this may seem incredibly shallow but for me, if I like an outfit I am wearing and have put some time and effort into my hair / make up I feel 100x better and will have a much better day than if I feel / look like I’ve just rolled out of bed and don’t particularly like myself that day.
- Kind of a weird goal but I really want to start taking some more pictures. I have a huge pin board in my uni room that yes, does have lots of photos on it but I would really like it to be filled to the brim! While at uni I’m meeting so many new, amazing people and having such an incredible experience I want to document it and decorate my room with it!
With food shopping and textbooks now having to be bought most of the things on my Wishlist are going to remain much of a dream and less of a reality, but hey its birthday and Christmas season coming up soon so I can ask nicely there…hopefully!
If you would like to purchase anything from my September 2017 Wishlist just click on the pictures and they will take you straight there and please don’t forget to tweet me pictures if you get anything from the wishlist!
- Benefit Dew The Hoola Bronzer – my current bronzer is running so low I can barely get anything out of it so a new one is definitely needed! I’ve seen so many decent reviews about this bronzer and I love Benefit as a brand in general so a treat may have to be justified somehow…
- Pale Pink Converse – Since being at uni I have appreciated comfy shoes so much more than ones that are pretty but not the most comfortable! In my opinion, converse are the best shoes for looking nice and being super comfy! I have a white pair and then a cream suede pair and I am literally wearing them to pieces – my absolute dream when I have my own home and am a lot older is to have a shoe wall and have a couple shelves dedicated to converse *stares admiringly into space*.
- Asos red stripe pyjamas – Another ‘since being at uni’ realisation is that I NEED more comfy clothes / pyjamas that I can lounge around in but can also nip to the shop in or more often nip down to reception to collect parcels and this super cute pair tick all the boxes for me.
- Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask – I absolutely love charcoal face masks and love the idea of them! So far the 7th Heaven one is my favourite but I have seen / heard that so many people are saying this body shop one is even better so obviously I must try it out? Right? Yes of course…
Thank you for reading!
Best wishes, Gee x