I’m back again today with a simple baking post, this time on how to make Vanilla Marshmallow cupcakes – which are super yum if I do say so myself!
This recipe makes around 12 cupcakes, depending on how much you fill up the cases, in my case … this is quite a lot.
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 125g of softened butter
- 125g of caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g of self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- a handful of mini marshmallows … or however marshmallows you want
- a splash of pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180’C.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (I mention this in every baking post but an electric whisk is 110% worth the investment here).
- Add the eggs, flour (sifted), milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the food colouring and mix in thoroughly.
- Add as many or as little marshmallows as you like … I added around two handfuls of the mini marshmallows.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, putting in as much or as little as you would like, although it is worth noting that the cupcakes do rise to be roughly double what the mixture is.
- Bake for around 15 minutes – when golden, stick a cake tester or knife into the centre of the cake – if mixture comes out on the cake tester/ knife they aren’t finished baking yet.
While waiting for the cupcakes to bake, tidying up the mess that is bound to have been made (if you’re anything like me) is a good idea. Then you can get onto the fun stuff of decorating!
Ingredients for icing:
- 175g of softened butter
- 350g of icing sugar
- Whisk the butter (use that electric whisk, they were invented for a reason).
- Add the icing sugar – mix in with a spoon then move onto the electric whisk to avoid the icing sugar going absolutely everywhere…
- Depending on how vanilla tasting you want the cupcakes to be, vanilla extract can also be added here.
Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before decorating adding the icing and decorating.
- Place the icing in a piping bag and decorate accordingly – I just used a simple nozzle.
I then used the Dr. Oetker Chocolate hearts to add-on the top.
And there you go … Vanilla Marshmallow cupcakes!