Today I am back again with another baking post, because, let’s face it, who doesn’t love yummy treats!
It was a few weeks ago when I had some leftover puff pastry from dinner and wanted to find a use for it without it going to waste. Being completely brain dead from a first week back at uni for what felt like an eternity, I googled ‘what can you cook with puff pastry’…
All sorts came up, mainly savoury bits like sausage rolls etc and as yummy as sausage rolls are, I wanted something to feed my sweet tooth! That was when I came across jam croissants, which essentially was jam, in some puff pastry and rolled up. So I thought, yeah okay, they look scrummy, I’ll make them. But then, I had an even BETTER idea of using Nutella instead of jam! I googled ‘Nutella croissants’ and of course loads, and I mean loads, of different website links to recipes came up and after reading a couple which near enough said the same thing I decided that was what I was going to make.
So, here is THE EASIEST Nutella croissant recipe ever.
- Puff pastry ( I had shop bought left over but you could always make your own as well.
- Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- Unroll the pastry and place on. floured surface to prevent sticking (because nobody needs that hassle).
- Cut the pastry into thirds and then cut each third into triangles.
4. Place a teaspoon of Nutella on the larger end of each triangle – you can put as little or as much as you like.
5. Roll the triangles, starting from the larger end into little croissant shapes and fold up the ends slightly so that ay Nutella doesn’t come out when baking.
6. Place on baking paper on the middle shelf of the oven per the cooking time on the puff pastry – this will tend to be around 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven when the pastry is golden.
AND… there you go, super yummy snacks in less than 20 minutes.
The snacks can be eaten hot when the Nutella is super gooey and yummy, or when cooled for an equally yummy taste.
Store in an airtight container and I wouldn’t recommend keeping for more than a couple of days.
Enjoy your treats!